Monday, May 6, 2013

FOTD for Lana del Rey

Hi Dolls,

I would like to share with you the simple look I have made for the concert of Lana del Rey in Torino last Friday, 3rd of May.

I. Love. Lana. Del. Rey.

I discovered her music by chance reading PerezHilton(.com) and read all things about her supposedly *awful* live singing voice and her almost stoic movements on Saturday Night Live (amongst other shows where she was the guest).  THAT drove me curious and after watching a bunch of her videos where she actually sang live, all I could say is, EFF PerezHilton!  Lana's an amazing singer (live or not) who has a beautiful and very particular style, not to mention impeccable sense in makeup!

She does a lot of early 60s style makeup which I love.  I am into lots of face colour but whenever I feel like keeping it low I turn to her for inspiration and it never fails to inspire (the thick liner, the pale peach lips and cheek).

I did the FOTD with Tom Ford & Givenchy makeup, but for the lips I went Lana del Rey style, her supposed favorite:  YSL Rouge Pur Couture, Blonde Ingenue, and yes, I am definitely NOT blonde, and so is Lana (though, she was, wasn't she?).

Like most reviews about this lipstick, YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Blonde Ingenue No. 24 wears beautifully and suits even my colouring, although I do find that one must prep the lips first because it does tend to sit on the dry patches on my lips if I have not used a lip balm and buff it before.  But in any case, Blonde Ingenue is my go-to for that lovely 60s makeup.

So here it is, FOTD for Lana in Tom Ford/Givenchy and YSL Blonde Ingenue.




Tom Ford Traceless Liquid Foundation in 07 Tawny
Givenchy Eyebrow Show in 01
Tom Ford Eyeshadow in Silvered Topaz
Tom Ford Blush in Frantic Pink
Tom Ford Eye Liner Noir Absolute
Givenchy Phenomen'eyes Mascara Phenomen'Black
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Blonde Ingenue 24







For the eyeshadow, I have only used 3 colours from the palatte.  I applied the whole creamy color all over the lid and on the brow bone, and afterwards with the eyeshadow brush included in the kit, brushed the taupey colour on the socket very lightly, followed by the glittery shadow which adds a beautiful sparkle on the lids.  A bit of a fall-out with the glitter which was entirely my fault because being in a hurry, I have not patted but rubbed the glitter on the lids. My mistake.

I then lined my eyes with the TF eyeliner which is actually black with beautiful blue micro shimmer and followed this with very light dusting of TF blush on my cheeks in Frantic Pink, a cool pink in the pan, but does warm up on my skin tone.


Lastly, I applied YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Blonde Ingenue all over my lips, straight from the bullet and dabbed it with my finger for a more natural application.  And off I was with my hubby to Torino to see Lana del Rey, who sounded and looked amazing, by the way.

PS:  Post-Concert Look:


Make-up intact, I have changed my lip colour to Tom Ford lipstick in Violet Fatale in the car which wore throughout our pre-concert aperitivo and the concert itself.

A concert is never complete without a concert t-shirt or, in this case, tank-top.  In pink, of course.

Thanks for reading!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment